Tis' the season to be jolly and oh my gosh I am SO excited to share with you these jolly good Santa's Cookies!! We made this easy peasy recipe to leave out for Santa the night before Christmas 😜Now of course we've made a healthy version (you're welcome Santa!) by including spelt flour for a great source of fibre as well as protein but it also includes more good stuff like white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and pistachios (see how we incorporated white, red and green to make it more festive!). Now that's my kind of cookie! Let's hope there are actually some left for Santa!
Time: 30 mins
Calories (per serve): 187
- 100g Butter, Melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 tsp, Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup 30g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C)
- Add butter in a large bowl or Kitchenaid mixer. Add sugar and beat until well combined scraping down sides as needed (the coconut sugar will make the consistency quite thick and caramel in appearance)
- Add egg, vanilla, sea salt and beat again.
- Sift in whole wheat spelt flour and baking soda and mix until well incorporated, scraping down sides again as needed.
- Fold in the white chocolate, cranberries and pistachios to the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Chill dough for 10 minutes in the fridge while oven continues preheating.
- Roll approximately 1tbs of cookie mixture into a ball and press down slightly onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 mins or until cooked through