This is one of my go-to week night meals because it is just so darn easy PLUS this recipe makes 4 servings so it can easily be used as a lunch-time left-over meal too! WINNING! This delicious chicken satay has everything you need with protein, carbs, healthy fats and lots of veg making it really well balanced meal! Throw everything in one pot, let cook for 20 mins and you've got a delicious meal to devour! Want to know what else I eat in a day? Watch my 'What I Eat In A Day' video here!
Time: Approx. 20 mins
Calories (per serve): 423
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1pound (500grams) Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup broccolini
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 ½ Tbs peanut butter (I use the brand Pic’s)
- 1 tbs honey
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- To make the sauce, whisk together tamari, peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Add water to thin the sauce a little.
- Cook basmati rice as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, coat a large skillet with olive oil. Add chicken to pan, season with a little salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Remove chicken from the plate and set aside.
- Add garlic, broccolini, snow peas, capsicum, carrot to the pan and sauté for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan with green onions, incorporating everything together until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Finally, drizzle sauce into the pan and mix until well coated. Voila! Plate up and enjoy!