One pan cooking is my absolute go to when I want the fastest possible way to have dinner ready in no time. Most importantly, this recipe shows that there is no time barrier to having a healthy “fast food” meal. It's truly a complete all rounder! You get all the healthy fats (omega 3’s) from the salmon, an abundance of nutrients from the greens and a kick of spice to bring it altogether from the dukkah. A perfect option for any night of the week!
Calories per serving = ~460
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C if fan-forced) and line oven tray with baking paper.
- Place dukkah seasoning of choice on a plate, rub salmon with 1 tsp olive oil to lightly coat. Place salmon flesh side down on the plate to cover with dukkah. Press the coating in firmly.
- Arrange broccolini, asparagus & zucchini rounds on the lined baking tray leaving room for the salmon in the middle. Drizzle with the remaining teaspoon of olive, and season with salt & pepper.
- Add the salmon to the middle of the pan and squeeze the lemon over the whole pan. This is an optional step here just to add some extra flavour and zing to the veggies as well.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes. Personally I prefer my salmon well done so I actually tend to keep mine in the oven closer to the 20 minute mark, however if you prefer on the medium-rare side, you might only need 8-10 minutes in the oven. It’s all personal preference, so keep an eye on the cooking time depending on what baked result you prefer.
- Serve with ½ cup brown rice per serving, if desired.